very day is a normal day but when it comes to national day we get gooesbumbs. The aura changes from nomalto emotion we feel patriotic. On every national festival morning becoms blissful as the speakers start with the patriotic songs like ‘Ae mere vatan ke logo jara yaad karo kurban’ and many more hearing the word our eyes get filled with tears. 26 th january a special day for our country whuich we celebrate as a Republic Day. Very first national festival of the year Republic Day, one cannot hold back the sense of pride the day imbues within.
While the country celebrates the day with barbeques, fireworks, parades and other festivities, it’s time to understand the history of Republic Day and how far the country has come in building itself into a strong nation.
In 1950, on this 26 th january constitution of India came in to effect.
Facts which should be known to every Indian
- It took 2 years and 11 months for the Indian Constitution to be drafted and so the first Republic Day was celebrated after three years of Indepandence.
- Indian Constitution is written by the Dr. Bhimrao Ramji Ambedkar (Dr. B.R. Ambedkar). He is known as the father of Indian Constitution.
- Two copies of the Indian Constitution were hand-written, one in English and one in Hindi.Both of the originally hand-written Indian Constitution copies are kept safely in the helium-filled cases at the Library of Parliament House.
- The first President of India Dr. Rajendra Prasad took the Oath of Presidentship (at Dubar Hall of government house) for the first time on January 26th, 1950.
- Mahatma Gandhi’s favourite Christian song “Abide With Me” is played during the Republic Day parade.
- Indian constitution hold the record of being the longest costitution consisting of 448 Articles in total.
- In 1930 on the same day India pledged to fight for complete freedom this was a reason our fighters wanted date to hold the significance.
- Major Dhyan Chand National Stadium was the stadium where first parde of Republic Day was held in presence of 15000 civiliance.
- National awards like Bharat Ratna, Kirti Chakra, Padma Awards are annouced on the eve on 26 th january.
- Queen Elizabeth from Britain was the chief guest on republic day celebration, 1961
- Hindi language was declared as our national language of India On 26th of January in 1965
- 26th of January was decided to be celebrated every year as the “Swaraj Diwas” in 1950.