Basant Panchami being celebrated as Saraswati Puja. Goddess Saraswati is the Hindu idol of music, knowledge, wisdom, art and learning. This year, the auspicious time to perform Saraswati puja will be between from 10.45 am on 29th January to 1.00 pm on 30th January as per the Hindu Calendar.
Happy Saraswati Puja 2020: The Significance of Saraswati Puja
Basant Panchami is being celebrated to mark the beginning of the spring and also the conclusion of the winter. This is an important day for farmers as their fields turn yellow with the flowering of the mustard crop. It is especially being celebrated in the Northern Region of India.
Know how Basant Panchami being celebrated:
- Devotees will wear yellow clothes and worship the goddess on the auspicious day of Basant Panchami 2020.
- Devotees must offer yellow flowers, kumkum, rice and bhog to Saraswati.
- The puja area needs to be cleaned properly and decorated with flowers as well as bel leaves.
- May people make rangoli design at the adorn of the puja and thresholds of houses.
- School and College going children keep their books and other stationery items in front of the idol to seek blessing.
And last but not the least, Basant Panchmi is popular for its delicacies like khichuri, labra (mixed vegetables), begun bhaja, paayesh, sondesh and rajbhog. Some part of India also does kite flying on this auspicious occasion of Basant Panchami.
We wish you a very Happy Saraswati Puja, do celebrate and spread the happiness.